LAYOUT AND FACILITIES PLANNING/DESIGN SERVICES
• New, Greenfield Construction
• Existing Facility Expansion and Improvement
• Existing Facility Rearrangement and Improvement
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR OR’s LAYOUTS/DESIGNS (as appropriate)
• Use of Engineering Tools in Layout
• Cellular Manufacturing
• One-piece Flow
• Use of AutoCad
• Theory of
Constraints – Bottleneck identification and evaluation.
• Point of Use Storage
• Employee Involvement
in Layout Development
• Inventory Reduction
• OSHA/EPA Compliance
• Computer Simulation of Alternatives
• Pull Systems/Kanban
• Visual Management
• Lean Thinking – Waste Elimination
• Workplace Organization
• 5 S Program – Sort, Straighten, Share, Spread, Standardize
• Maximize Value Added Labor Hours Vs Total Labor Hours
• Maximize Value Added Space Vs Total Space
Maximize Value Added Movement Vs Total Movement
• Ease of Expansion/Rearrangement
• Minimize Rework and
Scrap – Maximize conformance to spec.
ft2 site evaluation for a petroleum refinery equipment refurbisher.
ft2 Two-Floor office layout for an engineering facility.
ft2 facility design for polymer-based thermoformed component producer.
Site evaluation for 25,000 ft2 Traffic-Control sign manufacturer.
New 60,000 ft2
facility design for Traffic-Control sign manufacturer.
design for a wafer testing equipment manufacturer.